Pages

2013/08/06

Mutsessions: Dir en Grey in Cologne, GER - 2013/06/11

Another Mutsession Post

This time it's about

DIR EN GREY

I've been to my first Dir en Grey concert in 2005, Berlin.
On our way to Berlin (my mom, my best friend & me) we met 3 other girls. I didn't feel well, so I was barely talking to them. My mom did though haha. A few months later I met exactly the same girls at a kind of "J-Music Meet" in my area!! Their names are Maxi, Nicole & Kato.
We became good friends, especially with Maxi
Why I'm telling you all this?
Because: the following years we were always trying to see Dir en Grey together.
And so we did again in 2013 Maxi, Nicole, Kato, Anna & me
The only difference: driving by car - not by train

Though after arriving and parking in front of the venue we first had to get some food!!
There's a pretty good Japanese restaurant close by
(good thing I've been to Cologne like 103567583 times already)
& yeah, I can always eat Edamame

Yum

In front of the venue, trying to take a photo of part of the waiting queue~

Another part of the queue~

Inside

Quick shot before the live starts
(Me - Maxi - Anna)

Dir en Grey on stage
(took only one photo again and woohoo it's a good one!)

I found this shot somewhere online! Unfortunaely forgot who took it....I'm sorry (let me know if you're reading this and I'll give you credits!)
This one shows what the stage in total was looking like

Oh Dir en Grey...their aura is incomparable.
Everyone who saw them so far might understand what I mean.
You know, usually all of them are kind of "frozen" - rarely moving, totally concentrated playing their instruments. Kaoru looks plain cool. Shinya looks like he would pet kittens - instead he's hitting the drums like a beast. Die usually looks pretty uninterested to me. Toshiya is the only goof on stage. And Kyo...well yeah, he's 90% of the show. You might be afraid he wants to kill you as soon as you look into his face on stage.
This time it has been a little different!
Kaoru was still looking cool as fuck.
Shinya was still looking the same, too.
Die....totally surprised me. He was actually smiling and obviously enjoying the whole live!!!
Kyo was still being the same, though he didn't seem to enjoy the first few songs (technical problems).
And Toshiya....well that guy...

...I bet he was drunk.

Can you see this?
Usually Dir en Grey lives are pretty dark....and Toshiya...
...Toshiya was shiny bright and acting like he's the best looking and most sexy man on earth. Or in universe, not kidding.
Just imagine the 4 other guys all dark, barely moving and completely in their role....
AND THEN THIS LITTLE SHIT MOVING AND LOOKING LIKE A K-POP STAR RISING HIS HAND AND BASS, DANCING AROUND, MAKING WEIRD FACES AND SHOUTING EVEN THOUGH IT'S NOT HIS PART.
It was actually REALLY funny to watch him though. So...don't think my comment about Toshiya is negative haha. It's actually quite positive.

Found the setlist somewhere online  it was incredible....! I mean, they even played Obscure, Saku & Kasumi!
Photo credits of Kyo's back belong to Alex btw

This years merch~
I didn't buy anything of it...
Don't you think these goods actually look like those of a screamo band?
I bet weirdo Toshiya chose it.



Also I was quite happy when I saw my Dir en Grey Tweet was retweeted and favorited quite a few times! Got to know some pretty cool Japanese Dir en Grey fans
Right photo shows me after the concert~


No comments: