Pages

2011/02/23

Being a Tourist ~ Meet me at Asakusa - Part I

Let's take a look at the more traditional days I spent in Tokyo ♥
Well to be honest I only spent about...uhm...let's say about 2 hours in Asakusa~
buuuut~ it was worth it!

& I have to admit...I imagined Asakusa to be different. A lot.
I thought it would be a whole area in traditional style ...like stuffed with old houses & a lot of shrines and so on.
But...right when I left the station...Tokyo was looking the same as always.
I was like "Wtf...? This is Asakusa? Did I choose the wrong exit?"
But no, I was at the right exit.
I just had to turn right, walk down the street and then there it was:
A pretty crowded street, beginning with Kaminarimon (photo below)...& filled with tourists & trashy shops.
Ugh...ok, let's go.


Kaminarimon ~

Crowded Street

Trashy Shop


Trashy Shop

Trashy Shop

Trashy Shop

Trashy Shop

Ice Cream Shop!!!!!
Most of you probably heard about the strange Japanese ice cream flavours before...
Well, this is the shop I heard about the most...(*____*)
They offered rose-flavour and so on...I chose Sweet Potatoe (*____*)
& it was amazing!!!!! I want to eat it again!!
It was just like I would bite into a real -ice cold- sweet potatoe ♥


Trashy Shop again


& last but not least: a Kimono / Yukata shop!
...but I don't think they offer good quality Kimono....
this street is made for tourists & their view of Japan. 

There'll be a 2nd & 3rd part ♥  
 so stay tuned ♥ 
 

No comments: