Pages

2014/09/21

Spending the days with Japanese Students

Work has been a big part of my Tokyo Trip and I made some wonderful memories. One of my favorite memories has been spending 5 days with Japanese Students studying German in a far away sports hall.

I had to get up early to catch my bus to Nasu -the place I'd be with Japanese strangers all by myself for 5 days. At first I was scared to be there even without my boss...but I came to enjoy this trip in a blink.

This is what the sports hall was looking like...I guess you can't compare it to usual University sport halls in Germany.

Had to say goodbye to my shoes for 5 days as well - been wearing those green slippers the whole time

Well, at least until you have to go to the bath room - slipper changing time!

This is what my sleeping room was looking like 7 Japanese Girls - and me right in the middle.
The purpose of the trip was to support one of the 7 student groups during their German lessons. I was super proud to see so many young people on the other side of the world studying my mother language and being interested in what I do every day.

Even though I was looking forward to go back to Tokyo it was an amazing time and I'd love to join this event again

Back in Tokyo Anna was waiting for me and one of our first stops was the One Piece Store in Shibuya
You won't believe how big it is until you see it with your own eyes


This Dragonball x One Piece Statue in front of Shibuya PARCO has been impressing as well

Took this shot on my room mates birthday

....couldn't leave Shibuya without some Shopping.
BOY LONDON, ONE PIECE Goods and some GLAD NEWS

Anna's, Sashi's and my wallet match quite well
(also: CHOPPER CHOCOLATE)

...do I post too many food pictures?

Anna and her soulmate
and my lovely penpal with her even more lovely son

Non-alcoholic drinks for a change


..and some Purikura in the end

Could you nowadays live without your smartphone for 5 days?
I've been pretty busy supporting my students but it was hard to lie down in the evening without being able to check my friends messages...especially when you're surrounded by complete strangers

No comments: